- Information that you provide by enquiring via my website or any therapy directories and platforms or by phone to request further information about services.
- If you contact me by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or my BCP listed phone number records of the correspondence may be kept.
- Brief session notes in accordance to my professional body requirements.
- Regarding online therapy, I use the Writeupp platform. The platform is securely encrypted. I do not take or store recordings of sessions.
Where I store your personal data
- Personal data that I collect from you via any form of contact by email or phone will be kept securely.
- Contact details, session notes and contracts are kept in a locked cabinet.
Uses made of this information
- I use your contact details to allow me to provide you with information of the service that you request from me; to allow you to tell me about changes in your availability, if you choose to do so, and to notify you about changes to my availability.
- I use the brief session notes in accordance with my professional bodies.
- As part of my commitment to my professional development and ethical procedures, I attend supervision regularly. This is bound by a confidentiality contract (separate to this policy) and furthermore to protect your identity I only use the initial of your first name.
How long I keep your notes for
- Notes and details are kept for seven years as requested by my professional bodies.
Disclosure of your personal information
- In the event of my incapacity or death your personal contact information will be disclosed to my clinical executors of my Professional Will so that they can notify you. In the event of my death my executor will also destroy all contact information and notes on my computer.
- If I am under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. For example, if I am subpoenaed to court, or as a legal requirement such as safeguarding children or vulnerable adults, terrorism or money laundering.
Your use and undertaking of the services of Dr Farrah Collins constitutes your approval and acceptance of this agreement, and are consenting to my use, and storage of your personal information, you have disclosed to me, as detailed above. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This is highlighted when signing the therapy agreement.